We’re looking for individuals who are:
- Curious about an apprenticeship program to implement a team teaching approach within NYC middle and high school ELA and Math classrooms
- Interested in working on a team
- Interested in collaborating with others
- Interested in learning & developing through feedback
- Flexible and can adapt to the often fast-paced and changing school environment
- Interested in understanding cultural values, biases, and differences in self and others
- Able to deliver high-quality work
In order to apply, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
- You must have received your bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the first day of Blue Engine’s summer onboarding in August.
- Preferred minimum GPA of 2.75, but applicants with a minimum of 2.50 Minimum GPA (undergrad) are eligible to apply.
- You must have a cumulative 2.50 GPA on a 4.00 scale from an accredited college or university upon graduation.
- US Citizenship or National/Permanent Resident Status.
- BETAs must be cleared through background and security checks prior to beginning their year of service.
- Prior teaching experience or AmeriCorps membership is not required to become a BETA.
- Serve 11 months (August – June) as a full-time AmeriCorps Service Member in NYC
- This includes completing five weeks of onboarding (training) in August
- Support in the daily instruction of students in either middle or high school English Language Arts or Math
- Support the preparation of classroom materials
- Participate in classroom planning, tracking and analyzing student data, and grading student assignments
- Tutor students during lunch and/or after-school
- Uphold the expectations of the school and classroom to support student learning and growth