What You Consent to by Using Our Website
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the website:
- Non-Personal Information. When users come to our website, we may monitor non-personal information indicating, among other things, which pages of our website were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We use non-personal information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our website.
You should be able to control how and whether Cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of this website may not work properly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies in order to productively use many functionalities of the website.
2. Personally Identifiable Information. We collect personally identifiable information (i.e., information that can be traced back to you) that you provide to us when you sign-up for newsletters, send us email messages, apply for Fellows positions or make donations through our website. Personally identifiable information can include information such as your name, home address, telephone number, and email address.
- Newsletters and Updates. To subscribe to our newsletter or email updates, you’ll need to input personally identifiable information such as your name and email address. You can opt out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us, through the unsubscribe link on the newsletter or email itself or by contacting us directly.
- Communications with Blue Engine. We may receive personally identifiable information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
- Donations. Your online donations are safe and secure. Blue Engine uses industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect the security of your personal information. Blue Engine’s donations are processed through a 3rd-party service, Network for Good (www.networkforgood.org). When you make a donation on our web site, your personal information is subject to Network for Good’s data collection practices.
Disclosure to Blue Engine Operations and Maintenance Contractors. Our operations and maintenance contractors (vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the website) sometimes have limited access to your information to provide products or services to us. Access to your information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its function for us.
External Links. We provide links to other websites that may contain information of interest to our visitors. Blue Engine takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over third party organizations’ privacy policies, security practices, data collection methods, views, or the accuracy of any information contained on other such Web sites. We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to these third party sites without your consent. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such sites before providing them with any information.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
- At any time, you may review and update your personally identifiable information and/or unsubscribe from certain email communications by clicking on the applicable link in those emails.
- You may also email us at email@example.com in order to delete or update your personally identifiable information on our systems or to opt out of further communications with us. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your personally identifiable information.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Blue Engine strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age.
Using Text and Images
All information provided on this Web site that is not secured is considered public information. Logos and images of partners on the Blue Engine website are the trademarks of their respective companies. All other images, including the Blue Engine logo, are copyrighted material and may not be reused without explicit written permission from Blue Engine. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to use text or images.
Effective February 1, 2010